Bombus Speedshop

Bombus Speedshop
Wrenchin' without supervision since the seventies...

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Re routing

Had many different noises from the rear axle area last season. 

Didn't take long to figure out that it was suspension related so when I got the car on jackstands it soon became clear that one of the big things was the left damper rubbing the exhaust just by the over axle bend. 

Couldn't move it in any direction so the answer was to extend the bend instead. 

Some universal bends, and some VERY crappy welding later I think I'm fine. 

This problem would have been worse this year because I will go to Hi-jackers and they are almost 1" bigger in diameter than my old worn out dampers. 

So this was unavoidable. 


The before and after routing.
The X is where I had the rub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment