Bombus Speedshop

Bombus Speedshop
Wrenchin' without supervision since the seventies...

Friday, November 18, 2016

Smooth Rollin'

Both hubs was in desperate need of new bearings.
Rear because they were just old and rusty.
The OEM Zündapp/Marzocchi front axle have larger diameter than the donor bike so the old bearings had to go there as well.

For the rear I bought SKF local of the shelf.
But in the front I had to go abroad because of the odd bearing size needed.
I found a OEM Suzuki bearing from Koyo in the UK with the new specs needed for the conversion.



To remove the old bearings I just welded a nut to the old bearing and used a slide hammer and out they came.

In the rear it was just a replacement job.
But in the front I also had to machine the center spacer between the bearings from 15mm to 17mm.
And after that it was a straight forward job even in the front.



Next up was the spacer.



I machined the old OEM Zündapp brass spacer to the new measurements and suddenly I had a Yamaha brake hub in a Zündapp/Marzocchi fork.





Next up, fork deconstruction to give the triple tree and legs some massage and shine....


No comments:

Post a Comment