Bombus Speedshop

Bombus Speedshop
Wrenchin' without supervision since the seventies...

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Front wheel


Then it was time for my stock 16" cast front wheel to be replaced by a single disc chrome hub from a newer Harley.
Around this I put shiny chrome spokes and finally a 21" x  3,5" Akront/Morad alu rim.
On the left side I mounted an ISR six pot race caliper and a custom made full floating racing 330mm ISR disc.
The ISR caliper I mounted in the existing left leg bracket with a custom billet aluminum adapter plate i made.
Right leg original caliper bracket was shaved of.
And after that both legs got a bright polish before new seals was mounted.
Finally a new nice black Continental ContiRace Attack Custom 120/70- 21 tire was mounted before it all came together.

First cut is the deepest...


Early mockup to see the difference
(Note the not so rigid cardboard brakedisc)


First I made an adjustable caliper bracket template


Than I made a full scale bracket out of 10mm alu...


...and with that bracket as template I made the final bracket
out of a piece of 10mm alu I got from ISR


The shiny alu Morad 21" x 3,5" rim


The awesome threaded Continental ContiRace Attack Custom


And this is how it's turned out. Not so bad I think

No comments:

Post a Comment