When all the hardware job was done with the Dellorto carb the tuning begun.
After some tips from a English company that sold me parts I was on the road.
I realized quite fast that I needed some help with the basic tuning but the sad part that none had any experience with it. So the only thing was to use books to become familiar with the Dellorto.
This book and Matt at dellorto.co.uk was a enormous help in this adventure
But after hours of reading books something was still missing, so the hunt for a Lambda/AFR meter begun. Quite soon I found a decent one to a great price.
A Lambda sensor bung was welded in the rear pipe and the gauge was mounted in the fairing instead of the broken clock.
The lambdameter hooked up in the fairing.
And a lambda sensor in the rear pipe
Now I was ready for some serious tuning.
After a while with lots and lots of short test runs I had a Dellorto set-up that looked amazing and with reasonable driveability. The next step was to do the final tuning on the dyno.
On the dyno, at last
But It took untill autum 2013 before I got to do some dynoruns with the Dellorto.
Because I had to do a cover for the "wire wheel" and solve a problem with a sloppy return spring first. So I had to go back to the trusty old CV for a season to pass technical inspection, but now the problems are solved and the mighty Dellorto crowns the Shovel again.
But the best news was that the cool Dellorto was even better than the boring, mainstream CV !!
Turquoise -> CV vs Red -> Dellorto